Monday, April 9, 2007

Sending you a Fairy of Joy...

Months ago a friend sent me this 'Fairy of Joy' and I just had to share her with you.

I sent her over to give Patricia Wood at ORION http://pkwood.blogspot.com/ a gentle tap a few days ago, but obviously she smucked her pretty hard. Pat's in New York, on her first ever trip to meet her agent and editor and publicist. I know this because she phoned this morning at 6:00 a.m. squealing with delight, oblivious to the concept behind 'time zones'.

I worked late last night so I was tired when I crawled over my 8 year old to answer the phone (he'd climbed in with me at 3 a.m. after having a nightmare). I didn't actually hear the first part of Pat's conversation because I was busy wiping up the glass of water I'd knocked over -- half on my night stand, half on my Newfoundland dog, who tore off after the cat -- but obviously the Fairy of Joy must have given Pat a few solid whacks.

And because it seemed to work so well for her, I've decided to send her your way too.

Have a great week everyone!

7 comments:

Wendy Roberts said...

I'm making that same trip in July. Hope I have reason to phone you at 6 a.m. too ... or maybe just email LOL.

M. G. Tarquini said...

Gimme some of that luuuurve. Pat's infectious. I'm gonna go get one of my friends out of bed.

wordman17 said...

I need a few good smacks!
Send down my way to Texas
and FAST pu-leeze.

Larramie said...

Love the "Fairy of Joy." All you need do is believe and I do. Thank you, Holly.

And Pat's pictures are making me wistful....I Heart NY! ;o)

kyla-dale said...

Her New York pics are so cool.
I've never been but can't
wait for my 'first trip'
sometime next fall (yes, yes, I finally got myself an agent)

Half way through Penny Tree.
Annie and I are both shitty
drivers! *lol*

Kim Stagliano said...

Lovely! I'll take a big smack, please!

mg - is she reeeealy infectious? Oh my - we did share breakfast yesterday. ;) I'll take whatever she's got! Doc? One IV transfusion, STAT!

Bernita said...

Aww..