Saturday, July 14, 2007

Final cover for The Silver Compass

Here's the final cover for The Silver Compass, scheduled for publication April 1, 2008. On the back, my publisher will put all of the copy in the same font (not the italicized font shown on that one separate line in the middle), but otherwise, this is it.
I think it suits the story well, and a friend of mine in advertising explained that these simple, clean covers appeal to readers.
I hope she's right.

Now I'm back to work on revisions before leaving with my family on
a brief vacation.
I will be away all next week, returning July 23rd, and won't have access to email or my blog, so talk to you then :)

19 comments:

ORION said...

I love this cover!

Kanani said...

Very, very pretty cover.

I think it has a nice nuance to it.

Adrienne said...

Lovely cover! I approve. As I am after all the gold standard of good taste.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Holly, it says quite a bit. And tells me immediately, "The silver compass is soothing." I can't tell you why. It just does. And I see a secret of sorts there too, don't I? It says a lot in a great shot. Congrats!

K

Therese said...

The woman-child combination is evocative...Kim said it well with "soothing."

Have a wonderful vacation!

Heidi the Hick said...

"Deceptively simple" !!!

I like that. It's like, heavy, but you know, light. You definitely know how to "play the heartstrings!"

Seriously...I'm looking forward to reading it!

Mindy Tarquini said...

I LOVE your cover!!!!

Wendy Roberts said...

Beautiful cover. You've definitely been blessed by the Cover Gods!

Larramie said...

This is basically the bright cover I liked because -- quite simply -- the book appears to be filled with hope!

LadyBronco said...

Three great covers in a row.

Wonderful. Just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Melissa Amateis said...

Gorgeous cover and great back cover copy. I can't wait to read it!

The Anti-Wife said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot.
Seems very evocative.
I'm looking forward to seeing
it hit book stores.

Anonymous said...

Out of all three covers so far
I think I like this one best.
Very warm and evocative cover.
The story catches me right
away too!!

Katie Alender said...

Beautiful, Holly! I love the colors.

Jess Riley said...

Beautiful cover! I love the colors, and I love the font. Kim's right about the silver compass feeling soothing, but with an air of mystery.

Enjoy your vacation. :)

Pink said...

very nice cover!

hope you had a restful holiday :)

xx
pinks

Anonymous said...

Holly, it looks good. Greetings from Germany.